Welcome back to another #SaturdaySoaks, where I share my homemade recipes for tub-side self-care and aroma therapy. This week’s soak is all about the lush, comforting smell of lavender and realizing your self worth.
Lean in, I’m about to tell you a story. This story is about about the pressure to be successful, public scrutiny and self-confidence. Lately Ive been struggling with deciding how I want to make money and how I want to spend my time. Time is what makes up our lives and I want to spend mine wisley. I’ve been experimenting various employment industries to figure what I could tolerate doing on a day-to-day basis.
Sure, I’ve been exhausted, cranky, and short, but I’ve been able to stack some discretionary income to put towards my passion projects. I’ve had a really hard time coming to terms with working some lower end jobs and being seen by peers, but you know what… I like the way my credit looks. I own a home. I own a car (eventhough it’s not the newest). I have equity –something I’m proud of and have worked hard to get. I’ve learned that hustling your ass off always sets you up for a win, no matter what job you take on.
- fresh lavender
- lemon slices
- dried lavender
- eucalyptus leaves
- epsom salt
- powdered goats milk
- Run bath of hot water.
- Thinly slice your lemon and pluck the buds from the lavender stalk.
- Place slices and buds on top of the water so they float.
- Add one cup of epsom salt to the running water.
- Next, add 1/2 a cup of oatmeal and 1/2 a cup of dried lavender.
- Then, add 1 1/2 cups of goats milk.
- Pair with your favorite body scrub and enjoy!