Welcome to #SaturdaySoaks, a refreshing mini series where I share my homemade recipes for tub-side self-care and aroma therapy.
The emphasis on self-care is on the rise and it’s forced me to indulge in things I once thought were cheesy and unpractical. I used to think that some things were just for people who lived a certain lifestyle; a lifestyle unlike mine. Now I find myself making time to rise with the sun and doing yoga, eating better and scheduling meditation after work to clear my head.
Life has really taken a turn now that post-grad life is settling in. I’m now left trying to replace time I spent in school with time enjoying life and pursuing my career. In an effort to remain disciplined, I sit back, relax and map out my week each Saturday in luxurious bath concoctions to soak away stress & negativity.
I mean look at how pretty it is! Who wouldn’t want to jump in? You can find the recipe to this beautiful body soup down below.
Citrus Calm Bath Soak
- coconut oil
- tea tree oil
- apricot extract
- Run a bath of hot water.
- Use a sharp blade knife to thinly slice one orange, grapefruit, lemon and lime.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to the running bath water.
- Next, add a few drops of tea tree oil to the running bath water.
- Then, add a few drops of apricot extract to the running bath water.
- After the tub is full. One by one, add the slices of fruit to the water so they float.
- Pair with your favorite body wash and enjoy!